There’s a wide range of partners and influencers who can help you find and win new customers. The trick is finding what motivates them to recommend your solution. Learn how Chris Westfall, VP Channels and Alliances at Paylocity, built a partner referral program with creative non-cash rewards to drive partner sourced business.
Here are the top 5 things I learned from Chris about how Paylocity built an effective referral program that meets the top needs of their partners:
- Survey your partners to find out what they like and don’t like about your referral program, and what you could do better to help partners grow their business.
- Create a program that is super easy to join, with no requirements and a simple one page contract.
- Instead of simple cash rebates, get creative and provide what partners say they need to grow their business. That could be marketing funds and programs for the partner, rewards for individuals in the partner organization, and better pricing and special offers to their customers.
- Provide a dedicated tech support team for your referral partners to answer questions, problem solve, handle escalations, and make sure that their client is having a really great experience.
- Support your referral partners with a team of partner managers who act like a traditional channel team; doing business planning, enablement, etc.
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Find Chris on LinkedIn
- Dave Taylor: How To Build A Shadow Channel Program
- Check out the special offer for 2 free months of Magentrix