This episode takes us on a journey exploring the mental health aspects of our new work environment. Marc Monday, head of Citrix’s Global Partner Go-To-Market Strategies, talks about lessons learned from a study on the impact of the lockdowns in the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Lockdowns brought us the benefit of working from anywhere. This likely will not change. But working from home with back to back zoom calls and no downtime is creating mental health risks we have to address.
- Pre-Covid, our commutes to work, business flights, even walks from meeting to meeting gave our brains a chance to slow down. Now we have to create our own downtime.
- Be more intentional about using vacation time and ensuring your team members are taking vacations to recharge. And don’t work when you’re on vacation.
- Carve out sacred time on your calendar each day when you go out for a walk, enjoy a coffee, mediate, or whatever. Don’t accept meetings during your sacred time, otherwise your colleagues will quickly learn it’s not really sacred.
- We no longer have the luxury of walking down the hall to get things fixed. Remove as much friction and red tape as you can internally.
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Follow Marc on LinkedIn
- Read Lessons from the first wave, the downside: Big burnout