What percentage of your channel partners are achiveing their sales targets? Recruiting partners who are non-productive or a bad fit with your company is a costly waste of time. Paul Bird, Salesforce enthusiast and portal wizard at Magentrix, comes back for another Channel Journeys interview to share how you can find the right channel partners to grow your business.
Here are 3 tips to finding the right channel partners:
- Finding the right partners stars with having a solid, well defined channel strategy. That’s first and foremost. Like the old adage, if you fail to plan you plan to fail. As part of your channel strategy, you also need to define the ideal partner profile. What capabilities, skills, experience, financial strength, and even mindset do you need?
- Look for the people that you want to do business with, from an end user perspective, then go back and look at all the other companies that sell to that same buyer, and see what partners they’re working with.
- When you’re interviewing potential partners who fit your ideal profile, ask what are you trying to accomplish? How can I help you grow your business? And what are you prepared to do, what resources are you prepared to dedicate to be successful? Consider using a term sheet that you agree to before signing a partner agreement.
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Find Paul on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Paul Bird: Stop Making These 3 Channel Management Mistakes
- Learn more about Magentrix
- Check out the special offer for 2 free months of Magentrix